hello all,

We switched from PostgreSQL server 9.3 to 9.5. From the very beginning
there was a noticeable drop in performances (for example : when injecting
our SQL dumps into 9.5, COPY and CREATE INDEX were very slow).

Our configuration file was the same for 9.3 and 9.5, except for the
"chekpoint segment" that has been deprecated.

I haven't got (yet) some objective performance measurements to show,
because the problem was so obvious (just by looking at the log feed) that
we switched back quickly to 9.3 (production constraints).

What could be the reason for such a problem ?
I thought that, maybe, our system kernel is getting obsolete for a recent
postgresql engine ?
OS is Centos 5.5 kernel 2.6.18-194.el5 #1 SMP x86_64

thanks for suggestions,
Tom