Il 28/07/2016 15:54, Andreas Kretschmer ha scritto:
Am 28.07.2016 um 15:25 schrieb Moreno Andreo:
Hi folks! :-)
I'm about to bring up my brand new production server and I was wondering if it's possible to calculate (approx.) the WAL directory size. I have to choose what's better in terms of cost vs. performance (we are on Google Cloud Platform) between a ramdisk or a separate persistent disk. Obviously ramdisk will be times faster disk, but having a, say, 512 GB ramdisk will be a little too expensive :-)

Don't use a RAM-Disk for WAL! DON'T! NEVER!
OK OK OK, got the point...... :-)

You really need only some GB, if you are using Replication. Without Replication 1 GB would be fine, even with replication. But it must be realible!
I'll get what seems to be the minumum persistent disk in size among GCP, 10 GB. Thanks!

Andreas