If all you want is a temporary function, you *can* create it in the pg_temp
namespace though that seems hackish.

Maybe a better solution would be to extend CREATE FUNCTION in a way that
allows you to CREATE TEMPORARY FUNCTION?

--
Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor
lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more