On 11/23/2016 01:47 PM, azhwkd wrote:
Greetings!

Yes I had a look at the logfiles but there is not a single logfile
generated when I'm reproducing this issue.

We are talking about the Postgres logfile, correct?

I have to believe a log file exists, but maybe not entries at that time.

What are you logging settings?

Concerning locks I used there queries
at https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Lock_Monitoring and they came up empty.
The group_history table and its sub-tables do not have any foreign keys
as they only contain calculated data and the source data is removed
after some time.
The trigger which calls the partition function below is defined as follows:

create
    trigger group_history_trigger before insert
        on
        item_history for each row execute procedure
group_history_partition_function()

This trigger is on the table item_history not group history, is that correct?

If so how does the item_history table fit into this?

Kind regards,
Sebastian

--
Adrian Klaver