On 12/13/2016 02:44 PM, Jovi Federici wrote:
I'm going to try the new installer at bigsql, thanks!

I would uninstall the EDB version first.

Did the Postgres server actually get installed? - I think so. I have
Postgres in Programs folder

Do you have a postgres OS user? - I don't know. I assume the postgres
user is created upon install. I have not done anything (create user)
after install.

Can you connect to the server in any manner? - This is as far as I get:

Inline image 1

So what happens if you just hit Enter without supplying a password?

Or if you do?:

psql -U postgres

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 5:35 PM, Adrian Klaver