The already installed Postgres edition was built using the same
installation procedure as mentioned in the docs, but without the use of
--with-perl flag. the point I ask the question is because I want to install
PL/Perl as a separate extension as one does with PostGIS and not along with
Postgres install. Is there a way out to solve that problem of building the
PL/Perl language by somehow creating a custom Makefile as we have for
contrib extensions or PostGIs etc... and then giving it the path of
pg_config hence leading to an installation?