Greetings,

* Job (j...@colliniconsulting.it) wrote:
> >If this is really what you're mostly doing, having constraint exclusion and
> >an index on 'profile' would probably be enough, if you insist on continuing
> >to have the table partitioned by day (which I continue to argue is a bad
> >idea-
> >based on the number of total rows you mentioned and the number of
> >partitions, you have partitions with less than 20M rows each and that's
> >really small, month-based partitions with a BRIN would probably work
> >better).  If you get to
> >the point of having years worth of daily partitions, you'd going to see
> >increases in planning time.
>
> Based on our simulation, we can raise until 5Gb of datas for a single day,
> with some millions of rows.

5GB and a few millions rows isn't actually all that much.

> We thought to implement one partition for day.
> Do you think it should be fine?

Really depends on what you're doing.  If you're running very short
queries that pull out just a record or a few records, then you're going
to be unhappy with the planning time required when you have hundreds and
thousands of partitions, which is why I typically recommend against
using partitions-by-day unless you're only keeping a few months worth of
data.

Thanks!

Stephen