On 4/10/2017 2:23 PM, John Iliffe wrote:
On Monday 10 April 2017 11:53:35 Daniel Verite wrote:
        John Iliffe wrote:

Given that you set two directories: /tmp and /var/pgsql,
I would think you can let the other apps use /tmp as before
and have only Apache use /var/pgsql ?

Yes, I will do that, but there are several hundred PHP web page scripts to
be updated.  Presumably if one script opens two different databases then
both of the pg_connect() instances will need to be updated.

How about creating a php file with the connect code, once, then including that file from all of the hundreds of web pages. It won't help much with the first set of changes, but it will help with portability later.

Rick