On 04/30/2017 10:51 PM, Max Wang wrote:
Hi All,

We have a PostgreSQL database. There are 26 tables and we use serial
type as primary key.  We had a insert error as “duplicate key value
violates unique constraint, DETAIL:  Key (id)=(1) already exists.” one
weeks ago. I checked and found all tables’ id were reset to 1.

So to be clear:

Every row in each of the 26 tables has an id of 1?

or

Do you mean the sequences where reset to 1?

I checked database log and did not find any useful information.  I am
not sure why this happen. The only script which connect to this database
is a Python script and only do normal insert/update/delete actions.

Please give me some suggestions if you happen to know something about
this issue. I appreciate any feedback you might have.

I am very new to PostgreSQL and this mail list. Please let me know if I
did not something wrong.

Thank you.

Regards,

Max