> On May 7, 2017, at 9:16 AM, Adam Brusselback <adambrusselb...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> there's also pg_agent which is a cron-like extension, usually bundled with
> pg_admin but also available standalone
>
> https://www.pgadmin.org/docs4/dev/pgagent.html
>

> --
> john r pierce, recycling bits in santa cruz
>
> In addition to that, there is also  jpgAgent:
> https://github.com/GoSimpleLLC/jpgAgent
>
> It uses the same schema as pgagent in the database, and just replaces the
> actual agent portion of it with a compatible re-write.  Has been way more
> stable for us since we switched to it, as well as providing features we
> needed like email notifications and parallel running of steps.
>
> Disclosure: I wrote it for my company... started on it well before all the
> alternatives like pg_cron, pg_bucket, etc came out.

There's also pglater, which is a minimal external process that'll let you
implement any sort of cron-ish functionality entirely inside the database
without needing to be woken up every minute by an external cron.

https://github.com/wttw/pgsidekick

More proof-of-concept than anything remotely production-ready.

Cheers,
  Steve