Hi Tony,

That's great to hear.  :-)

You need a saying like "'twas a long hard battle, but in the end we
emerged victorious" about now.  Heh Heh Heh

Tony Grant wrote:

> Does not work, must be "host db_name IP user ident"
>
> Maybe this has something to do with java security???

Dunno.  Errr... could be.

> Please bear with me on this one people: I'll try to write up a sort of
> HOWTO to document for this. But it has taken me a week full time so far
> and I have to get back to looking after my clients.

Weekend is afoot too.  Relax, have fun.  :-)

> For now the secret was a clean install of _everything_ on a developpment
> server. Everything meaning RedHat 7.0 on down to the Apache module...
>
> I think that we should maybe get this info out to Macromedia to
> supplement the MySQL stuff that is already in Ultradev.

I agree.  If you can get the info to the rest of us too, we can make it
available for people cruising part the mailing list archives, techdocs
website, etc.

>From memory Macromedia has their Macromedia Exchange area where people
can share and contribe extensions for Dreamweaver, Ultradev, etc.  They
also have a newsletter.

Wonder how you would get a mention that PostgreSQL works with it in
their monthly newsletter?  Probably be quite a few people interested in
hearing that.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift