Il 05/07/2017 16:33, Adrian Klaver ha scritto:
On 07/05/2017 01:05 AM, Moreno Andreo wrote:
Il 04/07/2017 20:51, Daniel Verite ha scritto:
    Tom Lane wrote:

Moreno Andreo <moreno.and...@evolu-s.it> writes:
So the hint is to abandon manual COPY and let pg_dump do the hard work?
If it is a newline-conversion problem, compressed pg_dump archives would
be just as subject to corruption as your binary COPY file is.
It's mentioned in [1] that the signature at the beginning of these files
embed a CRLF to detect this newline-conversion problem early on,
so I would expect COPY IN to stumble on a corrupted signature
and abort earlier in the process, if that conversion occurred.
Instead the report says it fails after a number of tuples:
Given what you said, can I assume it's a file transfer or an hardware-driven (pendrive) problem?

Daniel also mentioned the harddrive as a possible source of error. I would say monitoring where and when the issues appear may help with determining the source.
Yeah, trying to restore the same file on another machine should help determine the possible culprit.