I support an existing product that utilizes postgreSQL in a Windows
environment.  Recently we've been asked to make a series of security/auditing
changes to the product that require pgaudit.  We built pgaudit.dll and have
made the majority of the configuration changes and those seem to be working as
designed.  The pgaudit extension does what it is being required to do, but we
are running into issues with configuring some settings globally in the
postgresql.conf.

The two lines we need to run in the .conf file that are causing postgresql to
fail to start are, for example:

pgaudit.log = 'read, write, ddl, role'

pgaudit.log_level = 'log'

Putting either of these two lines in the .conf file cause it to fail to start.
However, after starting postgreSQL, I can go to command line and run the SQL to
set these and they run fine.  After running them, pgaudit performs as designed
and configured so I believe we've compiled pgaudit.dll correctly.  At any rate,
I'm at wits end right now and need to either fix the above or find someone with
more db experience to assist in creating triggers that would run the SQL SET
commands after startup.

Are there known reasons why I might be having this issue?  Anyone have
experience getting past something similar?

v/r

Troy R. Hardin