>How do I properly check if the record exists from libpq?

Igor,
I use PQntuples() to check the number of ... tuples, for > 0

Allan

This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged information
and is only for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized
disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any action in
reliance on the information herein is prohibited. E-mails are not secure and
cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, or
contain viruses. Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is deemed to have
accepted these risks. GFG Alliance Australia and its related bodies corporate
and the sender are not responsible for errors or omissions in this message and
deny any responsibility for any damage arising from the use of this e-mail. Any
opinion and other statement contained in this message and any attachment are
company. All and any rights as to confidentiality, legal professional privilege
and copyright are expressly reserved.