Materialized view log is one of the feature in oracle. It creates a log in
which the changes made to the table are recorded. This log is required for
an asynchronous materialized view that is refreshed incrementally.

I read in the below link about incrementally refreshing the materialized
view in postgresql:

https://medium.com/@hariprasathnallsamy/postgresql-materialized-view-incremental-refresh-44d1ca742599

Can someone let me how to do incremental refresh using Write Ahead Log

Thanks,
Krithika

On 07-Nov-2017 12:37 PM, "John R Pierce" <pie...@hogranch.com> wrote:

On 11/6/2017 10:38 PM, Krithika Venkatesh wrote:

> I need to implement incremental refresh of materialized view.
>
> Please let me know how to do the incremental refresh of materialized view
> in postgresql 9.5.9 version.
>
> Is there anything similar to materialized view log in postgresql.

you refresh a materialized view with REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW name;
There's no 'incremental' methods, as views can be quite complex.

I do not know what you mean by 'materialized view log', is this a feature
of some other database server ?