Michelle Murrain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> And of course, part of what is going on is that it's really hard to
> debug, since DBI is not returning the full error string, so it's hard
> to know what's going on.

You could look in the postmaster's log (you are keeping one I trust ;-))
to find the full error string reported by the backend.

No idea what's causing DBD::Pg to misbehave like that, though.  Perhaps
its latest release is a tad broken?  Which DBI/DBD versions are you
using, exactly?

                        regards, tom lane