Hi,
I'm new to this list and Postgres. I have Postgres up and running, but I'm
having trouble understanding the password system. In particular, I have the
following troubles:
1. Is it correct that users can only be given permissions on a particular
TABLE?
2. The owner of all my tables are listed as "postgres". Should I then be
using this "postgres" as the user name when I'm connecting (I'll be
connecting with PHP).
3. How can I change the password of "postgres"?

Sorry for the base-ness of the above questions, but your input would save me
a lot of grief.

- anatole