On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 12:06:33PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Seems to usually happen during vacuums. Should I be worried?
>
> Nope.  You're just watching VACUUM notify the other backends that it's
> moving system catalog entries around.

this seems to be new in 7.1 (i don't recall seeing any such
messages in 7.0.3 or earlier).

i can see they say "notice" but the message sure sounds like a
fundamental pillar of the structure is about to collapse:

        NOTICE:  InvalidateSharedInvalid: cache state reset
        NOTICE:  RegisterSharedInvalid: SI buffer overflow

tick... tick... tick... but no boom, you say?

--
I'd concentrate on "living in the now" because it is fun
and on building a better world because it is possible.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl