--On Saturday, August 16, 2003 11:40 AM -0400 Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I wonder if we should have a "novice" mode for psql?  Are there other
things it could control?

Change the prompt when output is redirected with \o.

I don't know how many times I've redirected output with \o to get a single query in HTML, then forgotten that I did that and been puzzled why my subsequent queries didn't show any results! There's always this head-slap-the-forehead moment when I finally take a look at the HTML, and see all this "other" stuff on the end ... :-)

http://archives.postgresql.org