El Lun 13 Oct 2003 11:38, Tom Lane escribió:
> Alex <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > The LD_LIBRARY_PATH actually points to the library, I am even able to
> > execute the initdb but the postmaster always fails
>
> In that case, almost certainly, the environment you are starting the
> postmaster in is different from the one you ran initdb in (no
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting, probably).  Better check where LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> is set and how that setting will propagate to the postmaster.

Listen carfully to what Tom says, cuase he helped me with this same problem in
the past! :-)

What I did was put in the /etc/init.d/postgresql file, at the line that starts
the postmaster (executing the postamaster directly or running pg_ctl) the
longer LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Something like this:

        echo -n "Starting postgresql service: "
        su - postgres -c "export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib; /dbs/postgres/bin/pg_ctl -o
\"-o -e\" -D /dbs/postgres/data/ start >& /dev/null"

Sorry for the lines that got cut. :-(

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?