2003-10-28 kl. 14.33 skrev Jeff:

1. in psql, \pset pager will turn paging off.
Although, if you really want a row count, a much better way to do that is select count(*) from [rest of select statement]

Thanks.

I'm not new to SQL, just to postgresql, so I know about the Count-function ;)

Reason for the question is that I want to know the number of corresponding rows cause I'm in a developing phase and due to needs to validate the result the number of rows are important.

in psql, use \timing and it will print how long each query you type in took.

Perfekt!

Next question:

what is the command in postresql that matches the DESCRIBE-command in mysql? That's, to get the fieldnames and additional info about them…

Best regards,

Victor

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to [EMAIL PROTECTED])