Sander Steffann wrote:

Hi,

It turns out that preventing RH9 from building the debuginfo package also
prevented it from stripping the binaries. This was what caused the big
difference in filesize. I have rebuilt the RPMs for RH9 and put them on
http://opensource.nederland.net/.

I had to make a small modification to the specfile (again) because it seems
that macro's work differently for each RPM / RedHat version. There have been
no other changes to the sources or specfile, so the end-result is the same.

Sorry for the inconvenience I caused by disabling the debuginfo package!
Sander.

Is this also related to the fact that gdb on libraries of RH9.0 don't complain about the debugging info ?

Regards Gaetano Mendola

     joining column's datatypes do not match