> The only way to reset oids is to destroy the entire data directory and
> initdb again. In recent versions you can create tables
> without oids, thus
> reducing their usage.

Today we have oid's > 2147483647 , what happens, if we have more than
allowed ? I remember it was about 4 billions max. oid's, will Postgres
refresh itself or will it produce errors like "max. records inserted" ???

PS: My solution : I moved the applications data to another server ;-) with
only 1.970.230.087 used OIDs , the application is being fixed at the moment
(a typecast to int is used on nearly every page).

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster