Paul Ganainm schrieb:

FB does not support inline views/derived tables, e.g.:

SELECT count(*) FROM (SELECT col1, col2 FROM table)

If you have IB/FB, there is a sample db that comes with it, Employee. There is a view in that db called phone_list.

I did select count(*) from phone_list and it worked.

Sure you can do a select from a view, but try the above statement where the view definition is "embedded" diretly into the SELECT. This is not supported by FB 1.5 - though it will be with 2.0

I admit that it is not a very important feature, but I have come to like it, and sometimes it comes in handy :-)

Regards
Thomas

     joining column's datatypes do not match