Note that I haven't made many changes to the postgresql.conf file, so there might be something really obvious I've overlooked, but here are the uncommented ones (ie. ones I've modified from defaults):

tcpip_socket = true
max_connections = 512
shared_buffers = 10000 # min 16, at least max_connections*2, 8KB each
sort_mem = 10240 # min 64, size in KB
vacuum_mem = 81920 # min 1024, size in KB

what about effective_cache_size and random_page_cost?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

syslog = 2                      # range 0-2; 0=stdout; 1=both; 2=syslog
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'
log_connections = true
log_duration = false
log_statement = false
lc_messages = 'C'               # locale for system error message strings
lc_monetary = 'C'               # locale for monetary formatting
lc_numeric = 'C'                # locale for number formatting
lc_time = 'C'                   # locale for time formatting

---- Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org) Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Yahoo!: yscrappy ICQ: 7615664

http://archives.postgresql.org

+1-503-222-2783 - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.commandprompt.com
Editor-N-Chief - PostgreSQl.Org - http://www.postgresql.org