Jeff Bowden wrote:
For ease of configuration and other reasons, I would like for my single-user GUI app to be able to use postgresql in-process as a library accessing a database created in the users home directory. I think I could possibly get what I want by launching a captive copy of postmaster with appropriate args but it seems conceptually cleaner to not have a seperate process at all. Has anyone tried to do anything like this?

[Sorry for not actually answering this question]

I believe the demands for embedded/"serverless" version of PostgreSQL to increase significantly once PostgreSQL is natively available on Windows. So I would expect that official embedded support to follow quite shortly after win32 port has stabilized. :-)

--
dave