On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 14:02:26 -0500 Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Ed L." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > If we write something without sync'ing, presumably it's immediately
> > journaled?

> I was under the impression that ext3 journals only filesystem metadata,
> not the contents of files.

by default, it journals everything, but you can set it to journal metadata
only, i think with the mount option data=writeback. do a "man mount"
and look for ext3 options for details on the data= option.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend