John Small wrote:

I want to use PostgreSQL on a project that will have to run on
both Linux and Windows.  But using cygwin is not a viable option.

Does the dbExpert version of PostgreSQL run natively under Windows?

Last time I checked the dbExperts version was the cygwin port, bundled with a stripped down and renamed cygwin library (something like dbx.dll or so containting tons and tons of cygwin symbols).

NuSphere just presented a new release of UltraSQL, which I have heard (but not confirmed it myself yet) is still a PostgreSQL 7.2.1 underneath. I would have expected a new release to be at least based on 7.2.4.

I hope Bruce Momjian can add some information about the other Win32 activities we are aware of.

Jan

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not match