C G wrote:

Dear All,

I can use insert with 'select' if I do this

INSERT INTO TABLE t1 (col1) SELECT stuff FROM t2;

But I want to insert more than one thing into the table, e.g.

INSERT INTO TABLE t1 (col1,col2) SELECT stuff FROM t2 , 100;

Any ideas on how I would achieve this?

Thanks

Colin

Express yourself with cool emoticons - download MSN Messenger today! http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

The SELECT clause can be any ordinary SELECT clause, that can return multiple columns from a table. So for example:

INSERT INTO table (col1, col2) SELECT col1, col2 from table2;

Also, just like standard SELECT statements, the following would also work:

INSERT INTO table (col1, col2) SELECT col1, 100 FROM table2;

HTH

Nick

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster