--On Monday, May 31, 2004 2:14 PM -0500 "Philip A. Chapman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 18:33, Barry wrote:

Is it possible to configure Postgresql to have seperate databases
on seperate disks ?

One solution is to run two postmasters (two services). Each would use a different value for the PGDATA environment variable.

Pardon me for being dense, but I don't see how, with this approach, you maintain transaction integrity between the two databases. Suppose you need a transaction involving tables from both databases. Can you explain how you achieve this?

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster