Cott Lang wrote:

The higher-ups are attempting to force me to run Postgres over NFS at
least temporarily.

Despite giving me a queasy feeling and reading quite a bit of messages
advising against it, running Oracle over NFS with a NAS filer doesn't
seem to be unusual. Is there a reason PG would be more sensitive than
Oracle?

Anyone ever done this before in a production environment?

thanks!

Do you trust your data to a udp connection ? We had problem in copying big files ( 1.9GB ) in a mounted NFS partition and now we prefer to not use it anymore for our data.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola