Hey folks,

I'm currently evaluating an upgrade path from our current ColdFusion 5 / PostgreSQL setup to ColdFusion MX / PostgreSQL. In the current setup, we're using the Merant ODBC driver for postgres.

I've installed Fedora Core 2 with Apache 2 and ColdFusion MX, and I grabbed the latest JDBC driver from the postgres website.

I copied one of our production websites over to the test box, but ran into problems with display of non-standard english characters. This all displays fine on our production servers running CF5 and the Merant ODBC driver. We have several bilingual (french/english) websites, so this would be a show stopper for us.

I created a JDBC datasource to the production database, so the only thing that's changed is the driver (Merant ODBC -> PostgreSQL JDBC) and the application server (ColdFusion 5 -> ColdFusion MX). I'm trying to narrow down the culprit. Is there any chance that the JDBC driver could be the problem here? Perhaps I'm missing something...

Cheers and thanks... Dino

Rivendell Software - Dynamic Web Solutions
http://www.rivendellsoftware.com
Tel 902.461.1697
Fax 902.461.3765