On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Vivek Khera wrote:

"RW" == Richard Welty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

RW> i'm quite experienced in C and Java, so it's going to be in one of RW> those two. any comments from anyone on the language choice?

eRServer is written in Java. It sucks up about 200Mb+ virtual memory for a teeny-tiny little database. I'd avoid java :-)

We felt the same way, that's why we've been working at re-writing it in C++ ... new version is currently going into beta testing, so should hopefully be available RSN ...

----
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster