Frank van Vugt wrote:

If during a transaction a number of deferred triggers are fired, what
will be their execution order upon the commit?

Should be alphabetical within each triggering event, IIRC.

Mmm, yes, but are all the deferred triggers on the same event 'grouped'?

What I'm thinking about is something like:

BEGIN; update foo1; => triggers deferred after insert trigger 'Z' select bar; update foo2; => triggers deferred after insert triggers 'B' and 'A' COMMIT;

Now, will I see an execution order of 'Z-A-B' (on alfabet per event per statement) or 'A-B-Z' (on alfabet per event per transaction)??

For what I want to accomplish, I don't care about the order of A/B, but together they depend on the work that is done by the earlier triggered Z.

The best way is to "raise notice" inside the trigger function and observe the results

Regards Gaetano Mendola