Mike Mascari wrote:

Paul Tillotson wrote:

At my company we are looking at deploying clients for our
client/server app outside our firewall, which will then require
our postgres box to be internet-accessible. Does anyone out there
have experience with this or recommended best practices?  We have
been looking at either (a) tunnelling everything over ssh, or (b)
just making sure that users have "strong" passwords and requiring
"md5" authentication in pg_hba.conf.

Our client app is in C# using the postgresql .net data provider.

Is the .net provider capable of an SSL connection? I'd be hesitant to throw around data over the Internet without using SSL for all the various reasons: DNS hijacking, TCP replay, etc.

If not you can tunnel it.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

     joining column's datatypes do not match