On 9/9/04 11:07 AM, "Bruce Momjian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Believe it or not, we haven't gotten many requests for this feature,
> partly because such corruption is so rare.  Also, any checker isn't
> going to find a change from "Baker" to "Faker" in a text field.

Yep, unless you added a CRC (and accepted the performance hit) to each
record the best you could do is verify that the database is consistent.
That would still be quite valuable, though - all block headers are valid,
indexes don't point out into oblivion, etc.

I expect there are only a handful of huge databases running a heavy load -
the vast majority are probably tens no larger than 10's (maybe hundreds) of
megabytes, or do not experience a heavy update load?

Wes