Gaetano Mendola wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi:

Is there any way to recover data from a corrupted table? I can only run SELECTs on certain WHERE conditions.

I cannot vacuum, pg_dump, I've deleted the indexes and try to reindex, always get error:

ERROR: could not access status of transaction 4244329
DETAIL: could not open file "/usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0004": No existe el fichero o el directorio

Thanks a lot.

Again:

create an empty file:

# touch /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0004

at this point postgres will complain about the fact that an offset is missing,

at this point fill with 0 your file ( blocks of 8K ) till reach that offset reclaimed.

I forgot to suggest you to do:

dd bs=8k count=1 < /dev/zero >> /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0004

you have to repeat this command till the offset is covered.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola