On 30. sep 2004, at 21:35, Joe Lester wrote:
I'm just moved my Postgres client project from Mac 10.2.8 to 10.3.5. It's an Objective-C program that links to libpq.a (the header file is libpq-fe.h). However, when I try to compile now I get the following linking error:

ld: Undefined symbols: _poll

Does this sound familiar to anyone? My guess is that _poll is referenced somewhere in libpq.a. Anyone have any ideas on how to get the linking happening on Mac OS 10.3.5?

We had the same problem. In our case the trick was to compile libpq on OS X 10.3. The poll function was added in 10.3 (it's based on the select function, but at least it exists).

Reading the description of your problem it sounds different.

d.
--
David Helgason,
Business Development et al.,