Hi Greg,

What OS is this? Postgres is just using your OS's random()/srandom() calls. On
some platforms these may be poorly implemented and not very random.

I'm using a debian linux as OS with a 2.4 kernel running on it.

Incidentally, are you reconnecting every time or is it that multiple calls in
a single session are returning the same record?

I'm reconnecting each time I want to retrieve a message. The idea is I have a lilbrary of messages and I want to pick one of it randomly. I don't know if there is the possibility to seed the random number generator manually, anybody knows it?

Thanks to all

--
Arnau

¿Cuánto vale tu auto? Tips para mantener tu carro. ¡De todo en MSN Latino Autos! http://latino.msn.com/autos/

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to [EMAIL PROTECTED])