I've been using psycopg for a few years and it works very well. I agree with the other posters.

I would also add that a quick look at SQLObject is worthwhile for a python programmer. Very handy.

http://sqlobject.org

I have no affiliation with the product but I am a fan. Been using it as my CGI interface until Zope sorts out whether it wants to use DTML or TAL for its web interface.

Brian