Andrew Sullivan wrote:
On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 01:15:33PM -0400, Jan Wieck wrote:

On 10/25/2004 11:53 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Is this true?

From a functional point of view, the two appear to do the same thing.

Well, except for one difference. InnoDB will allow you refer to
tables not controlled by the InnoDB table handler, whereas we don't
have that problem with MVCC.

From MySQL gotchas:

1) And the same "feature" allow also to start a transaction, mix the two
tables and have a warning only after the "rollback" about the inability
destroy the updates done on non INNODB tables.

2) Create or delete and index or alter a table will recreate the entire
   table.

3) Our rollback is a O(1) operation not O(N)  where N is the operations
   performed during the transaction

Regards
Gaetano Mendola