Woodchuck Bill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> "Adam H. Kerman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
> news:pIOdndYMRqGJ7DrcRVn- [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
>
>> Are these meant to be worldwide Usenet groups
>> or newsgroups local to your server?
>
> Supernews is already carrying all 29 of the new groups in the pgsql.*
> hierarchy. That alone makes them "worldwide groups", as SN is a major
> peer to other severs.

I just realized what a bad name pgsql.* is for a hierarchy. If someone
wants to look for a newgroup for PostgreSQL, he will type that word/string
into his newsreader and it will not bring up any of these newsgroups. I
just tried it on a server that carries the new groups, and the only
newsgroup that comes up when I search for "PostgreSQL" is
alt.comp.databases.postgresql. The name of the hierarchy should have been
postgresql.* instead. Even with the rogue comp.* groups, the word
PostgreSQL appeared in each of the bogus group names.

--
Bill

      joining column's datatypes do not match