After 3 months of BETA testing, The PostgreSQL Global Development Group is pleased to announce that we've locked down the source code and have now released our first Release Candidate.

Our goal is to formally release 8.0.0 around the 15th of December, and to ensure that we are as bug free as possible, on as many platforms as possible, we are asking everyone that can to test and report both successes, and failures, on the various operating systems and platforms.

For a complete list of changes/improvement since Beta 5 was released, please see:

   ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v8.0.0beta/ChangeLog-Beta5-to-RC1

That said, Release Candidate 1 is currently available for download on all mirrors:

                http://www.postgresql.org/mirrors-ftp.html

As with all releases, the success of this release falls in the your hands ... in order to release as stable and reliable of a server as is possible, we need as many people out there to put it through her paces as possible, on as many platforms as possible. We urge anyone, and everyone, to download a copy and run her through her regression tests, and report any/all problems, and bugs, to

                [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Once more, on behalf of all of the developers, Happy Bug Hunting ...

     joining column's datatypes do not match