Instead of having separate fields for day, hour, ... - why not use timestamp values?

On Dec 21, 2004, at 3:47 PM, Vladimir S. Petukhov wrote:

Ok, this is a real example:

CREATE TABLE account (
  val1     BIGINT      NULL,
  val2    BIGINT      NULL,

  daypos    SMALLINT    NULL,   -- Day position
  hourpos   SMALLINT    NULL,   -- Hour position
  id        INT         NULL  -- Link to the object
);