Hi!

I'm pluggin ICU into PostgreSQL for unicode collation, since FreeBSD has no support for unicode collation. It works fine, but I cannot find out where to set the default locale for each backend instance. I want to use the LC_COLLATE used in initdb, now I've just hard wired it for my own needs. I tried backend/access/transam/xlog.c:ReadControlFile, but it is not sufficient.

in backend/main/main.c:
        /*
         * Set up locale information from environment.  Note that LC_CTYPE and
         * LC_COLLATE will be overridden later from pg_control if we are in an
         * already-initialized database.

So, I'm trying to find out where LC_COLLATE is overridden. Any tips?

Thanks,
Palle