Jeff Amiel wrote:

Back in 2002, Jean-Luc Lachance gave a nifty algorithm (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-sql/2002-06/msg00301.php) for determining the resulting date given a starting date and number of 'workdays' in the future. The trick was that weekends (Saturday and Sunday) could not be counted.

What am I doing/interpreting wrong?

I'm not sure about the algorithm. I can tell you, however, that such an algorithm is locale dependent.

For example, in Israel the work week is Sunday-Thursday. Weekend is Friday and Saturday. I'm fairly sure that there are places around the globe in which a work-week is six days long.

         Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.