William Shatner wrote:
I have recently migrated from MS Access to PostgreSQL.Previously I had
a SQL command

      ResultSet aGroupResultSet = aGroupPathStmt.executeQuery(
          "SELECT \"groupID\",\"fullpath\" FROM \"groups\" WHERE
\"fullpath\" Like '" +
          aPath + "'");

where aPath was equal to  'folder\another folder\%'.

<snip>

Are you sure? In MS-Access JET engine it uses the '*' character instead of the '%' one as a "like" wildcard.

Two things you can try... If you have attached the table "groups" in MS-Access and are using it through JET (as the code you provided would suggest) then try changing the "%" character to "*" - the JET engine will convert that to % for you, whereas it may escape the "%" character you have supplied to keep the behaviour the same as JET.

The other possibility is to use the "dbPassThrough" parameter and execute it as a pass through query, here the SQL is sent to the PostgreSQL engine unchanged.

All in all I am sure this is an MS-Access problem rather than a Postgres one.

Eddy

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq