On Thursday 24 March 2005 4:37 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am new to PostgreSQL and find that the standard documentation is
> very thin. I would like to buy a more comprehensive book.

Funny. I just downloaded and printed the comprehensive manual
available at: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/manuals/

At 1422 US letter pages printed double-sided it ended up being over 3"
or about 8cm thick. And it's available in commented and non-commented
on-line versions as well.

Although there is always room for improvement, I have not personally
encountered any other open-source project with such comprehensive
documentation.

What specific information are you seeking. Maybe someone can point you
in the right direction.

Cheers,
Steve