At 3:14 PM -0500 3/24/05, Tom Lane wrote:
Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
 ... I'm pretty sure for embedding use it uses whatever routines
 the embedder defines, but it's been a while since I've poked around
 in there.

Hmm. plperl is definitely not doing anything to try to manipulate that behavior; maybe it should? Where can we find out about this?

I'll have to go dig, but this:

> Anyway, if perl's using its own memory allocator you'll want to
rebuild it to not do that.

When I tried to test this it seemed that memory did get released at the conclusion of each query --- at least "top" showed the backend process size dropping back down. But, again, I wouldn't be surprised if Sven's perl installation is configured differently than mine.

...implies perl's doing the Right Thing, otherwise there'd be no release of memory to the system.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk