Thank you. I'm used to installing from source or Debian packages. I haven't poked around too much at the console level of the Mac. I would assume I install from source and just point the install to the old data directory? Any gotchas to watch for that aren't in the manual? I would assume I should "upgrade" to 7.3.4, and see if that fixes enough that I can generate a database dump. Afterwards bring it forward t0 the 8.0 series.

Eric